Spring is in the air which means it’s the perfect time to kick your sex life up a notch! Here are 10 easy ways to improve your sex life that are guaranteed to add some oomph to your bedroom activities –
1. Communicate – Although it would be awesome if everyone we slept with was a mind-reader, this is simply not possible. The easiest way to start having better sex is by telling your partner the truth about what you really want in bed. If you don’t say anything, how will they ever know?
2. Schedule some “me-time” – A Finnish study in the Journal of Sex Research found that self-esteem was a key ingredient to a happy, healthy sex life. Instead of focusing all of your energy on your partner, set aside time for self care and pampering. This also includes scheduling some sexy alone time to get to know your body and what feels good to you. Feeling sexy in your own skin and knowing what you like is going to give your sex life a boost.
3. Do Yoga – Getting regular exercise is a sure fire way to improve your sex life! Check out these 10 yoga postures which are designed to improve mindfulness, hip flexibility, and circulation—all key elements to a healthy sex life. Try them alone…or even better, with a partner!
4. Break out of your rut – If you find your lovemaking has become a bit routine, try something new. If you always have sex in the bedroom, try doing it on the kitchen floor or surprising your partner in the shower. Sometimes mixing things up is all you need to break out of a rut.
5. Go against your usual type – Variety is the spice of life. If you always date older, preppy guys, try going out with that younger attractive guy with the sexy arm tattoos that sent you an online dating message recently. When opposites attract, sometimes the results can be explosive (in the best way possible)
6. Make your bedroom an oasis – Not everyone can afford to jet off to a luxurious resort for a weekend getaway, but that doesn’t mean you can’t create a similar vibe in your own bedroom. Make your bedroom calm and relaxing by remove distracting clutter like bills, kids toys and electronics. Use nice sheets and make your bed everyday without question. If you need sexy bedroom design inspiration, check out Pinterest and start a board with your favourite ideas.
7. Stimulate your mind – The biggest sex organ we have is our brain. In a world where we can instantly access sexy content on the internet, we often forget that one of the sexiest things we can do is use our imagination. Instead of watching a video, pick up an erotic novel or collection of short stories. Sometimes picturing something in our head is way hotter than actually seeing it first hand.
8. Prioritize sexy time – Sex doesn’t always just happen – sometimes we have to make it happen. If you’re in a relationship and very busy (as most of us probably are), set aside alone time for you and your partner to connect. If you’re single, stay busy and make it a priority to go out on dates so you can actually meet people. A great sex life happens when you’re actually living life, not while you’re sitting on your couch marathoning Grey’s Anatomy episodes on Netflix.
9. Let go of negative messages – Many of us probably grew up with confusing and/or negative messages about sex and our bodies. For example, that it’s “dirty” and “not something nice girls do.” Now is the time to say goodbye to these negative messages. Write down all the negative ideas you have about sex and your body, and replace them with positive affirmations like, “I am sexy and beautiful” and “I am entitled to a healthy, happy sex life.”
10. Face your hang-ups – If you’re having a hard time letting go of the hang-ups or body image issues that are affecting your sex life, don’t be afraid to talk to someone about it. There are loads of qualified sexologists and counsellors who can help you work towards the awesome sex life you deserve!
How are you planing on spicing things up this spring?
Looking for dates in Jersey? Double your chances and meet Jersey singles today.